1. Why is my Katie's Goddess Line hair and body massage oil hard and solid? Organic, extra virgin coconut oil is solid at room temperature, or below 75 degrees, but easily liquifies above 75 degrees. We use organic, extra virgin coconut oil as part of your Hair and Body Massage Oil blend. Simply rest the bottle of massage oil in a cup of hot water with part of the bottle submerged for a few minutes. Try placing your bottle on a sunny window sill.
2. Why does my Katie's Goddess Line shea feel like there are little bits of shea inside? When shea sits in the sun, it softens. When it cools slowly, some pieces harden more quickly. It is 100% shea so it will all massage right in! Shea is made from raw, real nuts. We only use unprocessed, natural ingredients. Simply massage the creme into your skin and ease away tension. The warmth and friction of your hands during the massage will melt the creme and it will be super smooth.
3. For how long do I microwave my Katie's Goddess Line eye pillow? Start with 30 seconds in your microwave. Make sure your microwave is clean. If needed, place your eye pillow in a clean, dry bowl. Use caution when using hot pillows. Enjoy!
4. For how long do I microwave my Katie's Goddess Line large Lavender and Rose Petal pillow? Start with 2 minutes. Even out the rice and let the bag rest on your body for ten seconds. For more warmth, add 30 second increments. We do not recommend exceeding 4 minutes. Use caution when using hot pillows.
5. How do I do a self-massage? Self-massage is done with a warm bottle of oil. Warm your oil by resting the bottle in a container of hot water for a few minutes. Turn the thermostat in the room you will be using up, so you are comfortable naked. Sit on a towel you don't mind getting oily. Start with a dime sized amount in your hands and massage your scalp, working the oil into your hair. Your head supports your conscious mind, so feel not only the calming sensations of your massage on your scalp, but also you are giving your mind permission to let go. Work more oil into your face, then one whole arm, then the other whole arm. Use long strokes on your arms and legs and circular strokes on the joints elbows, wrists, ankles and knees. Allow loving kindness and compassion to be present in every stroke. Finish by tenderly massaging your feet. Sit for ten minutes soaking up your nourishment. Then, bathe using a little soap as possible.
Here is a great instructional video.
6. I have digestive issues. Is there a special way to massage my belly? Self-massage is very beneficial for digestive issues easing gas and bloating naturally! Move in the direction of your colon. Place your hands on your right lower belly, move your hands up towards your right rib cage. Now move your hands horizontally over so they are just below your left rib cage. Lastly, move your hands, with a gentle pressure, down to your left low belly and again over to your right low belly. You are making a square, Do this a few times. All touch is mindful, with the intention to gain self-awareness,. Use a mantra as you practice massage, such as "I am beautiful as I am," "I accept myself as I am," "I am filled with loving kindness," or "I am a Divine being of radiance."Press with intention, but be gentle.
7. What are the benefits of daily self-massage? Self-massage is an Ayurvedic practice, part of the sister science of yoga, that shields your body in a cocoon of love. One of the ancient yogic texts the Charaka Samhita Vol. 1, V: 88-89 notes, “The body of one who uses oil massage regularly does not become affected much even if subjected to accidental injuries, or strenuous work. By using oil massage daily, a person is endowed with pleasant touch, trimmed body parts and becomes strong, charming and least affected by old age.”
8. What helps eczema naturally? One of the main causes of eczema is the use of harsh body wash, irritating shampoo and other chemical-based soaps that are routinely purchased at your food or drug store. Our homemade, irritant free, chemical free, sodium laurel sulfate free products heal eczema in a matter of days! Specifically purchase our Hair and Body Massage Oil and Whipped Shea Creme for direct, soothing relief. Testing is always advised when using a new product on your skin. Apply a light massage two to three times a day. In our Western culture, we only treat the physical body, but here, at Katie's Goddess Line, we deeply encourage you to look deeper to an emotional level. Whenever the skin is irritated, the mind is also. By practicing massage, you will heal your skin and gain insight into how you're feeling and the true source of your discomfort.
9. Why should I buy Katie's Goddess Line products when I have ten bottles of moisturizer I don't even use at home? There is a reason you don't use them... You know deep down they are filled with chemicals and don't work! If they worked, you would use them every day. You will love our Hair and Body Massage Oil. Its free from chemicals, additives, dyes, preservatives, skin irritants, and any artificial junk.
Our competitors use the harmful, potential carcinogens, and genotoxins (chemicals that have been shown to damage genetic information within a cell causing mutations, which leads to cancer): Fragrances, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Benzyl Alcohol, and Artificial Dyes. Cyclopentasiloxane causes uterine tumors. All cause allergic reactions, skin irritations, hives, and eczema, not to mention Cancer. Choose Katie's Goddess Line! Go all natural and order now!
10. What is the difference between extra virgin coconut oil and fractionated coconut oil? Another reason our products offer more value is that we use 100% organic, extra virgin coconut oil as part of our massage oils base. Many companies use fractionated coconut oil which is liquid all the time. However, this is a poor quality ingredient because there is only a mere fraction of the nutrients remaining since it is so highly processed.
11. I've never used sugar scrub. How and when should I use my Katie's Goddess Line sugar scrubs? Sugar scrubs exfoliate and heal dry skin with real, olive oil. You can use them everyday and keep your sugar scrub by your tub, shower or sink! Use your scrub in the shower on your whole body for amazing rejuvenating benefits. Many people use sugar scrub before shaving to remove dead skin and get a closer, more precise shave. It also hydrates your skin before shaving to keep your skin extra hydrated. PRO TIP: Brighten the lives of others while fitting self care for you. Bring a jar to work and sugar scrub for two minutes with a few friends on your break- almost every office has a sink! You will be glowing!
12. Are Katie's Goddess Line products safe for children? Absolutely! Our toothpaste, which is fluoride free is much safer than the toxic, blue-dyed, minty goop. Fluoride has been shown to decrease cognitive function and memory, and even cause learning disabilities in children! Keep your babies brains sharp! If your pets or children accidentally eat a little toothpaste, hair and body massage oil, whipped shea creme, or sugar scrub, they will be just fine. Body wash, bath bombs, and eye pillows should not be eaten. None of our products are intended to be eaten. Always use caution and start with a small area of skin first. When using products with essential oils on babies and toddles, test first to see how you child does.
13. How do you test your products? No products are intended to treat or cure disease. Our products are not FDA approved, which is a good thing! The FDA approves a lot of damaging chemicals. Our products have not been studied in randomized, clinical trials, and we do not guarantee medical changes. However, we have numerous humans who have tested our products and have shared their positive, personal experiences under our Reviews Page. After using our products, our happy customers have raved that their health has drastically improved. We do not test on animals and all products are 100% natural and vegan.
14. What is in Katie's Goddess Line products? Our products are entirely natural and real. You skin is your largest organ and deserves to have food-grade, edible healing salves and treatments. There are no harmful chemicals usually in artificial fragrances, known as phthalates, no PEGs, parabens, or sulphates. Even though our products are 100% natural and are made to enchance your self-care practices, avoid using products with essential oils on and inside genitals, eyes and mouth. All products are for external use only except toothpaste, which is used to brush your teeth. Avoid sun exposure with lemon essential oil. All products do not contain any synthetic ingredients, unnatural preservatives, parabens, phalates, or any of those questionable ingredients. Yay! Here is a full list of all of our products and their ingredients.
Whipped Shea Crème: Shea butter, organic extra virgin coconut oil, castor oil & essential oils.
Lavender Pillow Ingredients: Lavender, lavender essential oil, lemon balm, chamomile, rose pedals, and rice.
Bath Bombs: Baking soda, cornstarch, epsom salt, citric acid, castor oil, water, & essential oils.
Sugar Scrub: Sugar, extra virgin olive oil, veggie based food coloring, vanilla extract, cinnamon, & essential oils.
Toothpaste: Organic extra virgin coconut oil, baking soda, stevia, organic cacao, organic, & alcohol free mint flavoring.
Body and Hair Massage Oil ingredients: Organic extra virgin coconut oil, castor oil, vitamin E oil, & essential oils.
15. I have really sensitive skin and I am looking for a lubricant for intimate moments. Do you have a Katie's Goddess Line product that can help? Yes! Our Tropical Coconut Hair and Body Massage Oil is perfect for your needs. It is great for people with allergies and sensitive skin. This blend is free of essential oils making it safe for your intimate moments. We offer three sizes. The 2 oz will make the perfect travel bottle. We also offer a 4 oz and 8 oz, which are perfect for your bedside. This is a multipurpose oil, so you can use it all over you whole body too. We recommend coconut oil for all ages including menopausal women as it help with dryness. Since coconut oil is all natural, it will not disrupt the ph of your area during and after intimate moments. Also, memories and scents are deeply connected in our brain. The so sweet, tropical scent of coconut oil paired with another amazing experience will heighten your feelings even more. Passion, intimate thoughts, and the recognition of sexual stimuli all come from within and you can use them to make the most of the moment.
16. Do you do wedding favors? Of course! Contact us and we will chat about what will fit your color scheme, season, style, and budget. No budget is too small or too large. Katie's Goddess Line Sugar Scrubs make amazing wedding favors because you can use them in the shower! Whipped Shea Creme makes a back rub that much better!
17. Where is you shipping address? We ship from Niantic, Connecticut, United States of America. All products are listed in the United States Dollar (USD currency). See the Shipping page for more details.
18. I ordered personalized Snickerdoodle Whipped Shea. I love your other products and Whipped Shea, but this one made my skin red. What happened? Snickerdoodle Whipped Shea has 100% pure, therapeutic grade cinnamon and vanilla essential oil. Shea itself is safe for super sensitive skin, babies, and nursing moms. The cinnamon may be causing a reaction. Cinnamon oil contains a number of compounds that are medicinal, but can also be irritating. One of the main components of cinnamon oil is cinnamaldehyde, the offers fungicidal properties. This component treats yeast and respiratory tract infections, but is also its most allergenic compound. If this situation occurs, discontinue use of the product and contact Katie with your situation. She will help you better understand the issue as she knows every ingredient, every oil, and will resolve the experience easily.
19. Where can I find the ingredients? At craft fairs, for the sake of label space, some products may say "Ingredients available online," where you can find the full list on the product page and I can also tell you the list in-person. Katie always looks to find the very highest quality ingredients, so if a quality change occurs, please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product page for the most up to date list of ingredients.
Any unanswered questions? We are here call/text 860-984-1205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Katie, the creator of Katie's Goddess Line, will call you back herself!